NEET 2016 Counselling Date, NEET 2016 Counselling Schedule, NEET 2016 Counselling Procedure, NEET 2016 Counselling Documents.
NEET 2016 counselling schedule has been announced by MCC . NEET 2016 Phase1 and Phase2 result declared by CBSE on 16th August 2016. This year NEET 2016 counselling is schedule to be conducted only in two rounds.
Counselling schedule will start from 22 nd August 2016 by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). NEET 2016 Counselling will be organized by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. MCC is constituted by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. MCC will allot 15% of all india quota(AIQ) MBBS and BDS seats through centralized counselling.
Total number of candidates appeared in NEET Phase1 and Phase2 – 7,31,223
Only those candidates who have declared qualified for 15% AIQ seats by CBSE in NEET 2016 results can participate in NEET counselling. This year according to official CBSE notification 19,325 students have qualified for 15% All India Quota Counselling.
NEET 2016 Counselling Schedule
|Main Counseling Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat||22nd August to 25th August, 2016 (Registration will be open up to 05:00 PM of 25th August 2016 only)|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking||26th August, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 26th August,2016)|
|Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1||27th August, 2016|
|Round 1 Result Publish||28th August, 2016|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round||29th August to 3rd September, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 3rd September, 2016)|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking(Round 2)||9th September 2016 to 10th September 2016|
|Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2||11th September, 2016|
|Round 2 Result Publish||12th September, 2016|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2||13th to 20th September, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 20th September, 2016|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||20th September, 2016 (After 05:00 PM)|
NEET 2016 Counselling Procedure
a. Main Counseling Registration
b. Exercising of Choices, indicative seats and Locking of choices
c. Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1 (this is computer software process conducted by identified agency for MCC)
d. Round 1 Result Publication
e. Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round
f. Publication of net vacant seats
g. Fresh Choice Submission by eligible candidates for round 2
h. Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2
i. Round 2 Result Publication
j. Reporting at the Medical / Dental Colleges /Institutions against Round 2
k. END of 15 % All India Counselling
Please note that Registration facility will be available only before start of Round -1 on date as notified in counseling Schedule. Candidates cannot register after closing date of Registration.
Also Read – NEET 2016 Top 10 list and Details
NEET 2016 Counselling Documents
- What documents are required at the time of online counseling – Since it is online allotment (Online Counseling) process, no documents will be required for participating in online allotment process.
- What documents are required at the time of Joining/ Reporting in allotted Medical / Dental College – Original documents (along with attested photocopies of documents) for admission to under-graduate medical courses for admission to 15% of total seats on all-India basis required at the time of joining in allotted Medical / Dental College are as mentioned below.
(i) Admit Cards of Exam issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
(ii) Result/ Rank letter issued by CBSE.
(iii) Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)
(iv) Class 10th Certificate
(v) Class 10+2 Certificate
(vi) Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
(vii) Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
(viii) Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.
(ix) Proof of identity.
(x) The Candidate should also bring the OBC, SC,ST and PH certificates, if applicable.
- Is there any restriction for filling up number of choices of Institution (College) (and courses i.e. MBBS and BDS) in choice filling form?
Ans: No, you can give as many choices as you wish during online choice filling. However choices should be in order of candidates’ preference
- What is mock counseling (result)/ indicative seat allotment?
Ans: During Mock Counseling, choices submitted by the candidates will be processed during the counseling period of round-1, as mentioned in Counseling Schedule and indicative seat that is likely to be available at that point of time would be displayed. This helps the candidate to refine the selection of choices in a more effective and efficient manner. Indicative allotment of seat (Mock allotment), will be shown (on notified dates).
- Is it necessary to join allotted Medical/Dental College to get chance to participate in next round (2nd)?
Ans: Yes, candidates are required to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission formalities then only candidate can exercise option to participate in next round(s) at allotted college, during admission process.
- Will there be any Mock Counseling and indicative allotment in 2rd round of allotment?
Ans: There will not be any Mock Counseling and indicative seat allotment in 2nd round of allotment.
For more details – Official MCC Website
- NEET 2016 Counselling Scheme
- NEET 2016 Counselling Schedule
- As per the directions of Honourable Supreme court in this matter MCC does counselling for only the 15 % All India Quota seats in Govt medical colleges of the country except Andhra Pradesh, Telengana and Jammu Kashmir .
- For rest 85% State Seats and Private Medical and dental seats, Candidates are requested to contact Respective State DME(Director Medical Education) of the State